After
my walk this morning I drove up on the hill overlooking a local town and took
some pictures of the foliage and fog.
I then drove down near the river
and watched an eagle hunt for breakfast (he was a long way off down
the river but I was able to use my new 150-500mm lens and get some of
the action -- I would rather that it all happened much closer to me but
maybe next time!) --He dove into the water and I assumed was
drowning but he was using his wings to get himself to shore to dine on
his large fish -- an eagle doing the "butterfly". I guess that wasn't
enough as I watched as he caught another one and flew off somewhere else
for dessert!
You can see the fish's tail caught in the eagle's talons
On the ride home I saw some more beautiful fall colors
and stopped again to get some pictures -- it was a good morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments